The details please refer here.
The organizing committee is pleased to invite tutorial proposals for the International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 2021). Tutorials can be for either half-or full day. A half-day tutorial could be 3 hours long and a full-day tutorial could be 5-6 hours long. Tutorials will be held on August 4 or 7, 2021 either online or in-person. Tutorial proposals can address either emerging or established research topics that will be of broad interest to the biometrics community. Tutorials are expected to offer an opportunity for IJCB 2021 participants to acquire technical knowledge in emerging and/or established research areas in biometrics. Any area of biometrics can be the subject of a tutorial, and examples of past tutorials include:
- Soft Biometrics: Algorithms and Applications
- Deep Learning for Biometrics
- Latent Fingerprint and Palmprint Recognition
- Metric Learning for Face Analysis
- Iris Recognition: From Basics to Research Frontiers
- Heterogeneous Face Recognition (HFR): Infrared-to-Visible Matching
- Face Anti-Spoofing: Past, Present and the Future
- Human Identification at a Distance by Gait Recognition
Tutorial proposals will be prioritized and evaluated based on their relevance to the conference, originality, qualification of the tutors on the proposed topic, and their potential to attract participants to the conference. Tutorial proposals should contain the following information:
- target participants attending in person and virtual;
- prerequisites for the participants;
- expected enrollment along with the basis of such enrollment;
- list of topics to be presented with their estimated duration and pointers to the associated literature and
- short biography of the tutor with relevant experience on the tutorial topic.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted as a PDF attachment via email to the tutorial chair: Antitza Dantcheva (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cunjian Chen (email@example.com) with the subject title “IJCB 2021 – Tutorial Proposal”.
Important Dates for Tutorials
- Tutorial proposal submission deadline: May 1, 2021
- Acceptance notification: May 15, 2021
- Tutorial date: August 4 or 7, 2021
About IJCB 2021: International Joint Conference on Biometrics
Aug. 4-7, 2021, Shenzhen, China (mixed mode: in person + virtual)
The 2021 International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 2021) combines two major biometrics conferences, the IEEE Biometrics Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS) conference and the International Conference on Biometrics (ICB). The blending of these two conferences in 2021 is through a special agreement between the IEEE Biometrics Council and the IAPR TC-4 and should present an exciting event for the entire worldwide biometrics research community. The conference will be organized in a mixed-mode. Participants who cannot attend in person can participate online. This is the fifth such joint conference, following online IJCB 2020, IJCB 2017 in Denver Colorado, IJCB 2014 in Clearwater Florida, and the first IJCB 2011 in Washington DC. This conference is a result of major worldwide consensus to join the two major biometrics meetings and to establish IJCB as a venue for presenting biometrics research results of the highest quality.