We invite competition proposals for the 2021 International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB 2021). The main goal of the competitions is to benchmark state-of-the-art algorithms, to consolidate research and identify open biometrics‐related problems. We solicit competition proposals on any topic of interest to the broader biometric community and strongly encourage proposals focusing on new emerging fields and open research questions that are able to attract a significant number of participants. Competition organizers having a strong track record in the field are especially welcome.
The deadline for submitting competition proposals is February 1, 2021. Decisions will be circulated by February 8, 2021. For details, please refer here.
Competition Proposal Submission
Competition proposals should be sent to the IJCB 2021 competition co-chairs, Ana F. Sequeira (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Caifeng Shan (Caifeng.Shan@gmail.com), with the email subject “IJCB 2021 Competition Proposal: [title of your competition]”.
The proposal should include the following information to facilitate the decision process:
- Title of the competition.
- Names, affiliations, contact information, and a brief CV of the competition organizers.
- A list of up to three most relevant publications related to the competition for each organizer.
- Motivation for the competition, expected outcomes and anticipated impact,
- Relevance to IJCB 2021,
- Relationship to previous competitions, if any,
- Description of the novelty of the competition.
- Description of the dataset(s) used for the competition and the available annotations,
- Details on the experimental protocol and resultgeneration/submission procedure,
- Information on the platform used (for data sharing, submission, verification of the results), if any,
- Description of the evaluation criteria (performance metrics) and available baseline implementations/code (e.g., a starter kit).
- Expected minimum number of external participants (separate from the organizers),
- Plan for promoting the competition and attracting participants,
- Description of the planned coordination activities,
- A detailed timeline for the competition.
- Other relevant information.
The competitions should preferably start in middle February 2021 and be completed by the summary-paper submission deadline on May 31th, 2021.
The detailed schedule is the following:
- Deadline for Submitting Competition Proposals: February 1, 2021
- Notification of Selected Competition Proposals: February 8, 2021
- Competitions Advertised: February 15, 2021
- Deadline for End of Competitions: April 31, 2021
- Deadline for Submitting Competition Paper: May 31, 2021
- Notification of Accepted Competition Papers: June 15, 2021
- Camera-Ready Competition Papers Due: June 31, 2021
Proceedings and Presentation
Competition organizers will be invited to submit a summary paper discussing organization, datasets, and results by May 31th, 2021. The summary papers will be considered for inclusion in the IJCB 2021 conference program and should follow the same formatting and presentation rules as regular papers. The submissions will undergo the same review process as regular papers. The presentation format (if accepted) will be determined based on the quality of the submission and reviewer feedback received. Accepted summary papers will be included in the proceedings of IJCB 2021 and send for inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
Competition organizers will also be requested to prepare a web page for the competition, which will be linked from the conference web site.
The website should be online before the start of the competition
Important Dates for competition proposals
- Deadline for submitting proposals: February 1, 2021
- Decisions to organizers: February 8, 2021
- Submission of summary papers: May 31, 2021
For any additional information, please contact the IJCB 2021 Competition Co-Chairs: